Thursday, November 11, 2010

First post!

Photobucket

Yes, I've done it. I've created a blog. Just like every other hopeless otaku out there, I've created a blog to ramble on about my passion for Japanese culture; anime, manga, video games, cosplay, figurines, food, etc. Sad, huh?



....but if feels great! :3

*cracks knuckles*

I have a million things to talk about that I know nobody gives a damn about, so I kinda don't understand why I'm doing this in the first place. I must be really bored...I should actually be studying for an upcoming quiz (~_~); Damn microbes...I forget what's the difference between S. aureus and S. epidermidis...I'm going to make a horrible lab technologist o_o;

Err, getting off topic. I have several things I wanna blog about, including:

Anime: No, not Bleach. Not Naruto (well, maybe when I'm in the mood). I'm talking about new anime. Anime that is currently being aired in Japan. I'd like to get into a few of them and write my first impressions of them. I won't be talking about every single episode that comes out like many bloggers do. Just give you a sense of what the anime might be about and if it's worth taking a look.

Figurines: Many of you that already know me know I LOVE figurines. I'll be posting ALOT about them, whether they are new ones being released, or just ones I already own myself. I love toy photography, so I'll be posting alot of that too.

Cosplay: I also love cosplay. It's amazing the craftsmanship people put into their costumes in order to look as close to the character they are portraying as possible. I think it's admirable and I'm proud to say I'm a cosplayer as well. I will be blogging about my own cosplays and maybe even slap in a few tutorials or those who are interested. I'm not pro, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I'll also blog about other cosplayers and post up some terrific photos worth taking a look at.

Video Games: This segment of my blog may be a little short handed, due to the fact that I don't play as many video games as hardcore gamer's out there. So don't expect much. I'll probably be blogging about basic games such as Pokemon, Zelda, any PS3 games I get a hold of that seem interesting to talk about, and PC games.

Food: To be more specific, Asain food. (No, I'm not posting pictures of rice and beans and chuletas, trust me, I get enough of eating it every day of my life as Hispanic (=_=); I'll be blogging about many yummy treats (not just pocky) that maybe you've never even heard of. I also love to go out to restaurants so I'll be reviewing several of them throughout New York City.

Japanese Lessons: I've always had a love for the Japanese language, and when I finally made it to college, I took up Japanese 1 and 2. Sadly, due to my real life goals getting in the way, learning Japanese just became a small hobby of mines. But even still, when I've forgotten most of what I've learned, I still manage to have a grasp on a few words. I will be doing this for my own benefit as well and reviewing some Japanese with you guys. We'll take baby steps and work our way up; it'll be fun and interesting. I'll make sure you learn something beyond the words "desu" and "kawaii" xD

Misc: Random things that weren't listed here. Music, my real life (boring...), non-anime things, etc

So that's it, hopefully I'll keep up with this blog and make it interesting. Or I'll go to sleep tonight and forget I ever created it in the first place....*shrugs*

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment